MATHESON Select 309L Stainless Steel (GTAW) (TIG)
Stainless Steel TIG welding alloy. Conforms to ANSI/AWS A5.9 ER309L & ASME SFA 5.9 ER309L. Stick length is 36 inches.
Used to weld base metals of similar composition in wrought or cast iron. Also, used to weld type 304 and similar base metals where severe conditions may exist. Sometimes it is used to weld dissimilar steels. The lower carbon content of 0.03% maximum increases resistance to intergranular corrosion avoiding carbide precipitation.
- Tensile strength - 87,000 psi
- Yield strength - 58,000 psi
- Elongation - 40%
- Brinell hardness - 160 HB
- Rockwell B hardness - 85 HRB
- Charpy V - 105 ft./lb. @ room temperature
- Reduction of area - 60%
- All position